- Product description
- Product Description
- Benzalkonium chloride is a quaternary ammonium compound with good antibacterial activity against bacteria, yeast and fungi.
- R = alkyl mixture: a mixture from n-C8H17 to n-C18H37; mainly n-C12H25, n-C14H29.
- As a bactericidal preservative, bactericidal ability is a particularly important indicator. When the R groups of benzalkonium chloride are different, the bactericidal effect is also different. R=C12H25 of benzalkonium chloride mainly kills fungi, R=C14H29 of benzalkonium chloride mainly kills Gram-positive bacteria, and R=C16H33 of benzalkonium chloride mainly kills Gram-negative bacteria. By controlling the ratio of R groups, a broader spectrum and high efficiency of bactericidal and bacteriostatic effects can be achieved.
- The USP36 and EP8.0 standards require that the benzalkonium chloride component of R=C12H25 should be not less than 40%, and the benzalkonium chloride component of R=C14H29 should be not less than 20%. The content should be no less than 70%. The proportion of each component is not specified in the ChP2015 standard.
- In the medicine, the low concentration of the product has a bacteriostatic effect, and the high concentration is used for skin and mucous membrane sterilization. It is widely used in ophthalmic, nasal and otic preparations, small volume injections and vaginal suppositories, and is also commonly used for surgical instruments and skin disinfection. The usual amount in ophthalmic preparations is from 0.01% to 0.02%.
- Gedian Renfu Pharmaceuticals started from the synthetic source of benzalkonium chloride and explored its synthesis process. Through a large number of processes, it was found that the white powdery product of benzalkonium chloride, which can control the ratio of different alkyl compounds, has mild odor and traits. Stable, formulated into a solution, the clarification is almost colorless, and it is more convenient to use and dissolves quickly. And the packaging covers all kinds of sizes and specifications to meet the actual needs of the preparation manufacturers.
- Due to the powder traits of benzalkonium chloride not contained in the Chinese Pharmacopoeia, Gedian Renfu Pharmaceutical has applied to the Pharmacopoeia to join the trait, and has become a standard increase participant in the variety.
ProjectGedian Renfu AccessoriesCommercial productsTraitsWhite powderYellow waxy solidSolution colorNearly colorlessLight yellowOdorSlightly mild smellPungent smellDissolution rateRapidSlowRelative substanceControlNot controlledAlkyl ratiocontrolNot controlledChP2020/USP40/EP10.0 compliance
- Forbidden with anionic surfactants, salt disinfectants, iodides and peroxides
- Benzalkonium chloride can be adsorbed by a variety of membranes, especially hydrophobic or anionic membranes
- Gedian Renfu Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. produces two different specifications of benzalkonium chloride products according to the requirements of GMP standard production line: it conforms to ChP2015 standard products and meets ChP2015, USP36 and EP8.0 standard products.