- Product description
- Product Registration Number: F20180000364Product Description
- Povidone K30 (PVP K30) is a white, odorless powder obtained by bulk polymerization, solution polymerization, etc., using monomeric vinylpyrrolidone (NVP) as a raw material. Different degrees of polymerization can be obtained by controlling different degrees of reaction. PVP is divided into four grades according to its average molecular weight. It is customarily used to represent K values. Different K values represent the corresponding average molecular weight range of PVP. The K value is actually a characteristic value related to the relative viscosity of the aqueous solution of PVP, which in turn is a physical quantity related to the molecular weight of the polymer, and thus the K value can be used to characterize the average molecular weight of PVP. Generally, the larger the K value, the greater the viscosity and the stronger the adhesion. Povidone K30 has a K value ranging from 27 to 32 and an average molecular weight of 3.8 x 104.
- Tablet, capsule, granule adhesive
- As a suspending, stabilizing or tackifying agent in topical and oral suspensions
- Non-heat source grade povidone K30 for use in injectable preparations
Our company Povidone K30 specific impurity detection index
- After special refining process, the impurities in the industrial grade povidone K30 are removed more cleanly, the average molecular weight distribution is more uniform, and the stability between batches is ensured; the particle size distribution of povidone K30 is more uniform by the pulverization process, Good content uniformity and fluidity can be achieved.
- The residual peroxide is lower. In the synthesis process of povidone K30, peroxide is produced, and excessive peroxide will cause oxidation of the API and affect the safety of the preparation product. Through special refining process, our company can reduce the peroxide value of the product to below 400ppm, which can meet the standards of Chinese, European and American Pharmacopoeia at the same time to ensure the safety of the preparation.
- The residual monomer is low. The synthetic raw material of povidone K30 is N-vinyl-2-pyrrolidone, which has an unpleasant odor. If there are more monomer residues in the final product, the product will emit an unpleasant odor and affect the use of the preparation. Our Povidone K30 product has a peroxide value of at least 0.5ppm.
Impurity Detection Indicator Aldehyde ＜500ppm Vinylpyrrolidone ＜10ppm 2-pyrrolidone ＜3.0% Hydrazine ＜1ppm Peroxide ＜400ppm，H2O2 Formic acid ＜0.5%The particle size distribution is more uniform. The spherical morphology of povidone K30 is beneficial to the fluidity of the product. The particle morphology of different products is regular spherical and the particle size difference is also small. The dissolution time is shorter and it is easier to wet granulation.Comparison of Microstructure of Povidone K30 from Different ManufacturersPrecautions
- Forms a complex with some bacteriostatic preservatives (such as thimerosal), resulting in reduced bacteriostatic ability