- Product description
- Product Registration Number: F20180000365Product Description
- Acacia senegal is a white to yellowish flake, granule or powder and is a polysaccharide extracted from natural plants. Acacia senegal consists of two components, 70% of which are composed of polysaccharides containing no N or a small amount of N, and the other consisting of protein structures with high molecular weight; polysaccharides are covalently bonded with hydroxyl groups in protein peptide chains. The combination of proline and serine has a total protein content of about 2%, and the special variety can be as high as 25%. The polysaccharide molecule linked to the protein is a highly branched acidic polysaccharide having the following composition: D-galactose 44% , L-arabinose 24%, D-glucuronic acid 14.5%, L-rhamnose 13%, 4-O-methyl-D-glucuronic acid 1.5%; β-D-pyridyl in the Acacia senegal backbone Galactose is linked by a 1,3-glycosidic bond, and the side chains are linked by a 1,6-glycosidic bond.
- Acacia senegal is mainly used as a suspending agent and emulsifier in oral and topical pharmaceutical preparations, and as a binder for tablets.
- Acacia gum is extracted from natural plants and has higher safety.
- Acacia aqueous solution is easily degraded by bacteria or enzymes and needs to be sterilized before storage.
- Many salts can reduce the viscosity of the aqueous Acacia senegal solution, and the trivalent salt will cause condensation.