Sodium dodecyl sulfate（SDS）
- Product description
- Product Description
Figure 1 Structural formula of sodium lauryl sulfate
- Sodium lauryl sulfate is a white to light yellow crystal or powder and is an anionic surfactant with good solubilizing power. This product is synthesized by the steps of sulfonation and neutralization with lauryl alcohol as the main raw material.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate is readily soluble in water and 1 g is dissolved in 10 ml of water to form a milky white solution. The critical micelle solubility (20 ° C) was 8.2 × 10 -3 mol / L, the HLB value was 40, and the interfacial tension was 11.8 mN / m. The 0.05% aqueous solution had a coefficient of expansion (30 ° C) of -7.0, an interfacial tension of 25.2 mN/m, and a wetting time of 11.8 s.
- Anionic emulsifier, forming a self-emulsifying matrix with fatty alcohols
- Used as a skin cleanser in topical preparations
- Used as a lubricant for tablets and capsules in oral preparations, not only enhances the mechanical strength of the tablet, but also promotes disintegration of the tablet and dissolution of the drug.
- Widely used in the determination of tablet dissolution
- Through the purity of raw materials and process control, and maintaining a stable composition of sodium fatty acid sulfonate, the total alcohol content of the product can reach more than 60%, so that the product has stable solubilization and emulsifying ability.
- The purity of sodium lauryl sulfate is improved by a special refining process to reduce the content of inorganic salts (sodium sulfate and sodium chloride) and unesterified alcohol.
- The ratio of dodecyl alcohol to tetradecanol is controlled, the content of dodecyl alcohol is not less than 70%, and the total content of dodecanol and tetradecanol is not less than 95%.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate reacts with cationic surfactants to lose activity
- Should be stored in a sealed container, protected from light, in a cool dry place, and away from strong oxidants